This website - svendecabooter.be - has been upgraded to run on Drupal 8, the latest version of my favourite content management system.
For the past few months I have actively contributed to the Migrate in Drupal 8 core initiative, and have been porting a few contributed modules to Drupal 8 (most of them sponsored by Acquia):
- SimpleSAMLphp Authentication (https://www.drupal.org/project/simplesamlphp_auth)
- External Authentication (https://www.drupal.org/project/externalauth)
- Encrypt (https://www.drupal.org/project/encrypt)
- Field Encrypt (https://www.drupal.org/project/field_encrypt)
- RoleAssign (https://www.drupal.org/project/roleassign)
Even so, this is my first actual Drupal site that I migrated to Drupal 8 and have running in production. Since I have been doing some work for the Migrate module in Drupal 8 core, I was pretty confident that migrating a simple site like this one would cause no significant problems, and indeed I was able to migrate all content and settings in under an hour.
Luckily the theme I'm using on this site (Writer) also has a Drupal 8 version, so in a few hours I was up and running on a shiny new Drupal 8 installation!